Our current pricing for engines is as follows:
- Factory zero-timed AI-14R/RA engines and zero-timed M14P (360hp) Guide price € 29,500.
- Factory zero-timed M14PF (400hp) Guide price € 32,500.
- Factory new M14P and M14PF. The last year of serial engine production was 1994, but we are occasionally able to buy “new but old-stock” engines that are still in their original manufacturers packing crate. In such cases we completely dismantle the engine; check everything; reassemble with new gaskets and then our normal dynamometer test run.
- Factory new M14R and M9F engines Guide price € 50,000 (but we have not had any for several years).
Each engine is fully complete, from mounting ring forward, but excluding exhaust and sparking plugs (unless fitted with the plug conversion kit). However all normal ancillaries are included and fully overhauled, even including the engine mounting ring.
Unless requested we typically do not include generators since most of our customers change to light weight alternators. However, we can include them if needed.
These prices are FCA Aerometal at Sóskút in Hungary, and do not include European Sales Tax where relevant. Prices are subject to change without notice.
Each engine is fully conserved for long-term storage; sold with a wooden packing case.
STOP PRESS! SOLD TO REUTLINGEN UNIVERSITY, GERMANY
Unusually, we have a zero-timed M 14 PF ready for immediate delivery, and at a small discount to our usual pricing:
- Serial number 132037
- Totally overhauled by Aerometal in 2017, including all ancillaries
- New SPC pistons
- Automotive plug conversion
- Genuine 412hp on dynonometer test. All results accompany engine
- Fully conserved for 6 years
Further information & background on the M14 family of engines and options available.
Examples of engines we have recently sold:
We warranty all the engines that we sell on the following basis: All our products, whether complete engines; ancillaries or individual parts are warranted for 12 months or 100 flying hours, whichever comes first, from the date of installation. The installation of the item must occur within five years of delivery. Importantly, the customer must have requested long-term conservation for an engine for it to be guaranteed for this five year period. The warranty will not be valid if the engine/component has clearly been misused – for example through overheating. The warranty applies to the original purchaser of the engine and is not transferable without our formal agreement. We will, however, consider problems that occur outside these formal warranty periods. The warranty is restricted to replacement of the failed component, assembly or subassembly, or even engine if relevant, but not for any costs of actual replacement or any consequential losses – (i.e. cost of hiring other aircraft etc.).
We would point out that, even if properly preserved, as our engines are, there is a potential problem of the gaskets and seals drying out over a period of years. In consequence, if an engine is not installed until 4/5 years after delivery, there is a possibility of minor oil leaks, which are not covered in the guarantee.